I became obsessed with rocky road about 10 years ago on an American exchange. I think we have always had it over here in the UK but it has definitely become more popular in recent years. After trawling through Pinterest for baking ideas I came across a Rolo cake recipe and a recipe for rocky road, and I decided to combine them!
The whole idea of putting rolos into an already delicious chocolatey treat is one I don’t know why I hadn’t considered sooner. Rolos, after all, were a staple part of a child’s diet in the 90’s were they not?
- 350g milk chocolate
- 150g dark chocolate
- 120g unsalted butter
- 120g mini marshmallows
- 125g golden syrup
- 220g digestives
- 348g Rolos (3 packs)
- Grease an 8/9″ baking tin, or line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together on a medium heat in a large pan until the mixture is fully combined. Chop the chocolate and add to the pan, stir until smooth.
- Leave the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Chop up the digestives and add to a large bowl with the mini marshmallows and two thirds of the Rolos.
- Pour the chocolate mix over the digestives, Rolos and marshmallows and stir together thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and make sure the mixture is evenly spread, add the rest of the Rolos to the top of the mixture as decoration.
- Put the baking tin in the fridge and leave to set before chopping into even squares and tucking in!